||Source: Illinois Coalition
Illinois 2 H2 Kicks Off Regional Forums: 'Positioning Illinois for Leadership in the Hydrogen Economy'
Monday September 22, 11:09 am ET
CHICAGO, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Illinois 2 H2, a public private partnership established earlier this year by the Illinois Coalition and the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity to position Illinois as a leader in the research and commercialization of hydrogen-based technologies, kicked off today a series of regional forums. Illinois 2 H2 will hit the road over the next two months to gain regional input into the state's roadmap to the hydrogen economy. The purpose of these forums is to reach out to the widest breadth of Illinois citizens, facilitating communication about how this global issue interacts with very real localized concerns. The result of these forums will be a more robust strategic action plan with localized inputs and a broader commitment of public support.
- (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20010824/ILCOLOGO )
"Through the Illinois 2 H2 initiative, The Illinois Coalition and the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity are writing a roadmap to Illinois' future in this industry to be presented to state, federal and municipal leaders in the new year," said Chris Tynan, the Illinois Coalition's spokesperson for Illinois 2H2. "These forums ensure that each region is sufficiently represented in Illinois' final roadmap to the hydrogen economy."
Illinois 2 H2 is comprised of Illinois' leading institutions involved in hydrogen and fuel cell technology and will co-host these events with partners in each region. The first of these regional forums takes place today in Peoria co-hosted with Peoria NEXT, an organization focused on creating a healthier future for the Peoria regional community through a culture of discovery, innovation and commercialization in the areas of life science, material science, and engineering science.
"Peoria is embracing emerging technology, such as fuel cells and hydrogen technology, which can shape the future of industry and environment," said Dr. Richard Lister, Managing Director of Peoria NEXT. "This Forum represents the commitment of Peoria NEXT and Central Illinois to capitalize on our resources and become a major player in the technology initiatives of this state."
The forums will be three hours in length and will provide an overview on the hydrogen economy, discuss Illinois' assets that will play a role in the hydrogen economy, and highlight Illinois' key companies and organizations currently involved in the hydrogen economy. Discussion and feedback at the forums will be incorporated into the state's roadmap. The forums encourage a diverse audience, whether it is to learn about fuel cells for the first time, or to ensure that leaders in each region are heard as Illinois 2 H2 builds a roadmap to the future of the state's hydrogen economy.
About Illinois 2 H2
Illinois 2H2 is a public-private partnership established by the Illinois Coalition and the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity in response to a call for an organization to act as leader, collaborator, spokesperson and advocate for an Illinois industry around future developments in the field of advanced energy. The initiative's vision is to establish Illinois as an international leader in the research and commercialization of hydrogen-based technologies for use as an energy carrier, with a primary goal to create and implement a strategic action plan centered on hydrogen and fuel cell opportunities presented to governing bodies. Illinois 2H2 consists of representatives from research, industry, and public service organizations and is governed by a Steering Committee of representatives from major hydrogen research institutions in the state, as well as the Illinois Coalition and DCEO. For more information on Illinois 2 H2 and the regional forums, contact Chris Tynan at 312-229-1970, [email protected] . Dates, locations and registration information for the forums follow:
- Peoria Regional Forum
- September 22nd, 9:30 a.m. -- 12:30 p.m.
- Peoria Public Library
- 107 NE Monroe, Peoria
- In partnership with: Peoria NEXT
- Confirmed Presenters Include: Caterpillar, Inc., Aventine Renewable Energy
- Champaign-Urbana Regional Forum
- September 29th, 1:00 -- 4:00 p.m.
- Hawthorn Suites and Conference Center
- 101 Trade Center Drive, Champaign
- In Partnership with: Champaign County Economic Development Center,
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Confirmed Presenters include: David McLoud, Vice President of Marketing,
- Renew Power, Dr. Michael Binder, Construction Engineering Research Lab,
- U.S. Army Engineer Research & Development Center
- Rock River Valley Regional Forum
- October 1st, 9:00 a.m. -- 12:00 p.m.
- Rock Valley College
- Woodward Technology Center
- 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford
- In Partnership with: Rock Valley College, Rockford Small Business
- Development Center, Rockford Area Chamber of Commerce
- Confirmed Presenters include: Dr. Richard Johnson, Alion Science, Red
- Clark, Metalforming Controls
- Greater Chicagoland Regional Forum
- October 6th, 9:00 a.m. -- 12:00 p.m.
- DuPage County Technology Park
- 2700 International Drive, Suite 100, West Chicago
- In Partnership with: Argonne National Laboratory, Battelle Memorial
- Institute, DuPage County Technology Park, Gas Technology Institute,
- Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce, Office of Congresswoman Judy Biggert,
- Office of Speaker of the House J. Dennis Hastert, Valley Industrial
- Association, WESTEC
- Invited Presenters include: U.S. Congresswoman Hon. Judy Biggert
- Confirmed Presenters include: Gas Technology Institute, Jay Marhoefer,
- Latham and Watkins, Serge Randhava, Chairman and CEO, Unitel Technologies
- City of Chicago Regional Forum
- October 16th, 9:00 a.m. -- 12:00 p.m.
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Suite 2800
- In Partnership with: Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, Chicagoland
- Entrepreneurial Center, City of Chicago Department of Environment,
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Invited Presenters include: Hon. Marcia Jimenez, Commissioner, City of
- Chicago Department of Environment,
- Confirmed Presenters include: HyRadix, Inc., Illinois Institute of
- Technology, William Kosik, PE, CEM, Principal, Director of Engineering,
- OWP/P, Jeff Brady, Chicago Transit Authority
Southern Illinois Regional Forum
Date and location: November, TBD
Space is limited. Please be sure to RSVP to Alejandra Silva at [email protected] . Please indicate which regional forum you would like to attend in the e-mail subject line. For more information, contact Chris Tynan at 312-229-1970 x107 or [email protected] .
Source: Illinois Coalition